6009 Burgundy Ave.
Alta Loma, Ca 91737
April 9, 2011
UC San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
MC 0021 La Jolla, CA 92093-0021
9500 Gilman Drive
MC 0021 La Jolla, CA 92093-0021
To Whom It May Concern:
Hello, my name is Kevin Pasma and I recently received a non-acceptance letter for the freshman class of UC San Diego 2015 for Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering. Though I am disappointed that I was not accepted from your renowned university, I still wish to appeal for my acceptance to the school that I have found ideal.
From the moment I started looking at colleges, UC San Diego seemed like a good choice for me. I was impressed that your campus had such a well known engineering program, and I understood how important it was to have a name in the engineering community. I also was very impressed by the College of Engineering’s total overall ranking. UC San Diego offers the exact majors that I want while at the same time providing the type of atmosphere where I feel I would excel and grow as a student.
As an applicant, I believe that one of greatest things I can contribute to UC San Diego is my commitment to the subject that I am enamored with, namely the subjects of mathematics and science. I have a reputation at my house for taking electronic devices apart to see how they work, and what makes them click, and I seek to repair any that are broken. I was able to repair my Xbox after parts began to fail, I rebuilt my computer many times and I almost fixed my Xbox 360 but something went wrong and I’m not to sure what happened. What I am trying to say is I will find just as much if not more enjoyment in these subjects than many of the people that I know, making me a very good fit for your college. I also come from a family of engineers – both my parents are engineers, my older brother has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from UC Berkeley and another brother is pursuing the same degree from UCLA.
If there was ever any uncertainty about my past academic success, I feel that my senior year can prove that my devotion to education is stronger than ever. With five AP classes, my full learning potential is available to see as I continue to challenge myself with five more Advanced Placement tests. Therefore, I hope you take my current high school transcripts, including my senior year, into consideration.
I fully understand and respect your decision to not accept me, but I do hope you will reopen my file and consider this new information. All that I have seen of UC San Diego and its tremendous engineering department has made me determined that this is the school I would most like to attend.
Sincerely,
Kevin Pasma
Kevin,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your acceptance to UCSD! It's so nice to hear when schools give students second chances. I wish you good luck and congratulations. :)
Boa K.
Good luck in college and im glad you got accepted, its a great feeling inside when you know a college actually wants you..even though you might get accepted to many others, its always nice to get accepted to the one you want.
ReplyDeleteDanny D
Wow, good job buddy!
ReplyDeleteWay to be motivated and dedicated, if you want something, GO GET IT! I am glad to see you didn't give up and look how it paid off. This is truly inspiring to me, congratulations!
Cam. T
Woah! You appealed to UCSD and it worked!? Congratulations! I'm so happy because it rarely happens! I really like how, in your letter, you tell your story about your x-box, and show them exactly what you can contribute to the school.
ReplyDeleteDavid Mao
Wow! I had no idea colleges actually did that. Congratulations, I know you worked hard and you deserve it. :)
ReplyDelete-Dayna M.
I never knew that it was even within reason to appeal rejection letters. That's awesome that you were able to get it all to work out. This seems to be a very well drafted letter, and truth be told you beasted those dudes reading your essay. I'm glad I wasn't the one who screwed up rejecting you in the first place. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteScott C.
Wow thats amazing that you got in. I was too lazy to appeal to the school that I really wanted to go to, but since I got rejected I thought that there was no point appealing because they would barely accept anyone. In hindsight i should have probably tried because it would not have hurt to give it a shot. Congrats on UCSD, you'll do great!
ReplyDeleteJehan T.
When I first read this, I did not believe it. School's rarely accept students who appeal but I'm glad you did it :). For me, it seems the talk about your xbox and other gadgets showed the admissions committee your genuine personality. Most people will exaggerate on their applications, but it is good to know the few who succeed are genuine. Congrats buddy!
ReplyDelete~Simon L.
Congratulations Kevin that's awesome man. You definitely deserve and i admire your second effort. Most people i know would just quit after that first rejection but you stayed determined and realized you needed another shot. Good luck next year in UCSD, don't take this chance for granted.
ReplyDelete