Friday, March 11, 2011

Solvent

Just thought I would share this poem I wrote. It's a bit rough, but interpret it as you may!

                                   Solvent
My Path is a Path others would call insignificant.
A labyrinth undefined by Daedalus, in which others would find worthless
A road less traveled and discovered, but only by few
One of which I'll take because I am a traveler
who needs to find me
or is it you?

A path to be reckoned with and a risk to take
a long road ahead but certainly one I must not dismiss.
Frustration clouds my purpose of clarity
a dream to only dream or an exception of perception?
I don't know.  I'm only a traveler of disparity.

What seems visible is not
What's right is wrong
What's real is fake
My Path is a Path in which others find invaluable
therefore, invisible?I don't know.
I am a traveler with decisions to make.

A barrier blocks my journey's completion
which reads "Don't let me knock you down"
and it's ironic. However,
such a vague message has never been so clear.

Yes My Path is a Path in which few bother to take
but my walls must fall down to pass the walls I will break.
I may only be a traveler, but disparity becomes clarity
and my aspiration is no longer a shadow, but a reflection.
My Path is a solvent.

-Taylor H

6 comments:

  1. Taylor-
    Thanks for sharing this! It fits do well with the readings and discussions this year. I especially like the phrase "a traveler who needs to find me or is it you?"
    Mrs. Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your poem because like you said we are creating our own path, but others may just follow to see what we become. I also believe that these barriers we confront only make us stronger individuals.

    Cynthia Navarro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Taylor! This is so great! I really enjoyed it. I felt like some of the lines fit what I'm going through in my life perfectly. My favorite lines were "Yes My Path is a Path in which few bother to take/
    but my walls must fall down to pass the walls I will break." I hope you will share more of your work in the future! :)

    -Shelby F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure if my comment posted. But I'd rather be safe than sorry...

    Taylor this poem is fantastic! I loved it! I felt like some lines fit with my situation right now perfectly. My favorite lines were "Yes My Path is a Path in which few bother to take/but my walls must fall down to pass the walls I will break." Your poem was great! I hope you share your work on your blog more in the future! :)

    -Shelby F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to first say that this font is amazing. Okay, got that out of the way, this poem is awsome, it just really seems like you put the time into it and it came from the heart.
    -Christiana R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post and I'm glad you decided to share this with us. I'm sure you put in a lot of time and effort to complete this poem and I want to let you know that it was worth it. I enjoyed reading it and I hope even though the school year is ending, you will keep blogging in the summer and in college as well. Keep up the great work.

    Joel B. (Dragonfist Bandits)

    ReplyDelete