October is seriously the hardest month for a senior and it can drain a person out so quickly. College is already putting a toll on us before we even get there and to top it off we have to worry about getting through this last year without messing up. Last year seniors would always mess around saying they had "senioritis" and i would laugh because I believed that would never happen to me. Now that I am a senior I feel totally different. My college essay drafts have definitely underscored the definition of drafts. At this point it feels like my brain has gone into autopilot and I'm now just trying to get through it. But I just got my literary analysis assessment back and got a 3.5 on it, this type of feeling gives me a little jumpstart to remember how I used to feel about grades and the enjoyment of feeling satisfied with a good grade. We are now starting to get on writing essays and we did an activity where we could find our own voice. I don't really know how great my own voice is but I would like to know how strong it can get and see how unique I can make it to give me that little advantage over college essays. Sometimes I feel like my writing isn't even close to as good as my peers but then I will get a good grade. Is this sympathy from the teacher or am I finally becoming a good student in English? Well my first goal is to get my own voice down and set so I can feel somewhat independent in my writing instead of quoting every expert in the world. Any advice would be good at this moment or motivation would be good at this moment.
-Joey Mesa
Period 1
I think this blog is an outstanding example of how your voice sounds on paper. I completely understood what you were talking about and I can definitely say that we're floating in the same boat. I hope that you eventually overcome your senioritis and keep up the good grades. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteShanyce Rodgers