Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Promises

To me they are like nothing else. Assurances don’t usually come easily but with a promise that is possible. The emotions involved with promises are tremendous, a kept secret with a friend displays loyalty and trust while a broken promise may lead to the opposite, maybe even a falling out with a friend. It is nice to know that you can give a secret to someone but it is even better when you are trusted with the secret of someone else because it symbolizes a strong friendship, strong trust.
-Kevin Pasma

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you've taken a more positive approach to the concept of promises unlike I did. I would have concidered a promise made to someone else more of an obligation or responsibility rather than a symbol of trust or an act of friendship. Very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that a promise should be a positive thing. It's something that I only make for good friends. Keeping those promises just strengthens a friendship and breaking one tests it.
    Ryan L.

    ReplyDelete